Monday, February 15, 2010

what I am working on

I generally have a few things on the go at once in this place.

The house is a mess and I must do some kind of house work today but over the weekend I finished the monkey quilt which I started last week.  My new niece was born just before xmas last year and I had not made her any thing until I found this gorgeous pattern for a quilt on this blog http://patchworkpottery.blogspot.com/2009/04/books-bananas.html (sorry blogger is playing up and I can't add the hyperlink)

So I started last week while Luke was recovering from his op and finished the top yesterday and now have to get some backing and something for the binding.  I am thinking brown with white spots for the binding.

I also got Lukes pjs finished for his trip the the hospital on Tuesday last week.  He has to get his ear drum repaired and get the packing out from last Aprils cholesteatoma removal.  This kid is such a trouper.

He loves these pj's and although he doesn't look that happy in the pic he had surgery the day before so he is still a little washed out.  I actually used a t-shirt pattern and altered it for the top and then added velcro so he didn't have to worry about ties and I didn't have to worry about snaps and reinforcement.  He loves them and that is all that matters.  Now Jack has put his order it LOL.  I can't keep up with these growing boys. Jack put on last years track pants that I made him and he has grown at least 2 inches.  So that means new school tracky pants as well.  better get sorted as Autumn is creeping up quickly.

Also finished the top of my quilt for our bed and I love love love it.

Susan

No comments: