Monday, August 11, 2008

Lots of things

OK so I have been busy trying to get a few things done lately
First of was my new nephews quilt and it is now complete.  Was not expecting him early so that threw a spanner in the works PMSL

I had a little play with free motion quilting I am am rather happy with the results.  Not much in the quilt but I wasn't sure how well it would turn out or how easy it would be since I had only practised on smaller pieces.  I love the binding fabric with this it is just fantastic how well it suits the quilt.


So now all I have to do is post it.  I am in the process of booking my flights and car hire to get to Bendigo for a few days to see my little Nephew.  It is getting exciting and I can't wait to meet him.

I am still working on my Nans quilt and have decided to free motion quilt that one as well, so it may take a little longer.  Also have Amy Kate's bday presents to do as well, arghhhh it all comes at once.
But with my new machine I should be able to whip them all up PMSL
here she is.  



It is the singer Quantum 9940 cause I just couldn't afford a new Pfaff.  But this machine is a beauty I love it it is so nice to sew with.  Now I can't wait for mum to come visit and have a play.
 now the other thing I have been working on was a mini album for a very close friends bday. But since they are not my kids I am going to have to do a little blurring of faces before I post it on the web.

Better get back to sewing
Susan

1 comment:

Emma said...

That VHC quilt is adorable, and your FMQ looks great! That other quilt looks lovely, too! Enjoy your new machine!